5th workshop for promoting Building Information Modeling BIM – BIM in education
On behalf of the Consortium of TRAINEE project you are invited to participate at the 5th workshop for promoting Building Information Modeling BIM – BIM in education, that will be held on 3rd December 2019.
Didactical methods are changing in construction education in contemporary times. The advent of information technology (IT) such as Building Information Modelling (BIM) and modern tools such as Unmanned Aerial Vehicles and Laser Scanners are influencing construction education. It is critical for the universities to introduce new IT tools in the construction management (CM) education, and BIM is a promising tool for this purpose.
Currently, several universities worldwide offer BIM courses in CM programs, while many others are under the process of integrating BIM into their curricula. However, most common route to BIM education and certification in BIM is usually getting a training offered by professional organizations and international training providers.
This workshop will target the following objectives:
- focus on and elevate the training and learning and research aspects of BIM;
- collective promotion of BIM;
- establish open medium for communication thus sharing knowledge, experience, case studies, views, etc.;
- collaboration for joint activities and research projects;
- collective voice in both teaching and learning and research matters, so to contribute to policy issues, funding priorities and agenda setting;
- attempt to minimise duplication and create standard practices while celebrating diversity.
This workshop will provide necessary information and initiate awareness in order to provoke action in relevant institutions and proactive individuals for putting BIM training and education in focus.
The working language of the Workshop is English.
Please confirm your participation until December 02, 2019 the latest by fulfilling on-line registration form available at :